Windows Central photo contest: Windows 10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Devine

Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
windows-10-party-london.jpg

We've got a new photo contest for you to enter with another great prize to giveaway! Unless you've been hiding a lot these past few weeks, Windows 10 is the big story of late. And to celebrate we're dedicated a photo contest to it.

But you can think a little outside the box on this one. The theme is Windows 10. So, the creative among you will also see that besides our new favorite operating system, there's also "Windows" and "10" in there. Both of which are perfectly acceptable entries for this weeks contest! It's not just about computers, you know!

Rules for this week's contest

Rules are going to be as follows:

- Picture should be taken on a Windows Phone
- Picture must be uploaded to this contest thread
- Tell us what apps, phone, and anything else you used to create your image
- Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Central, so we know how to contact the winner
- Only ONE entry per week per person

Prize

IMG_7831.JPG

One winner will get a Fitbit Charge fitness band in the size of their choice. Fitbit is a big supporter of Windows and with a stunning new Windows 10 universal app just launched, we thought this was a perfect prize to celebrate!

We'll pick a winner Sunday night (August 30) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post following the contest.

Good luck and have fun!

cmucodemonkey

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
FB_20150818_08_27_05_Saved_Picture.jpg

My wife is really into nail art, so I asked her if she would do a special design for the launch of Windows 10. I showed her some pictures of the Microsoft logo and variety of ninja cats and this is what she came up with. Photo was taken using the HTC Camera app on my HTC One M8 for Windows.

danchristerg

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
This was captured with my Lumia 930, and I did some manual adjustments using Lumia Creative Studio for slight improvements.

You maybe wondering what is the connection between my photo and this contest's theme, and here is my explanation:
Everyday we face a new beginning, new hope, new chance to live the life. And everyday the sunrise never fails to remind us this, for us to move forward no matter what. And everyday this same delicate sunrise passes through our WINDOWS and wake us up, illuminating what's left of the darkness from our weary yesterday. So every time I peek into WINDOWS and see sunrise, I see a bright future, I see opportunity, an opportunity to seize the day. Just like this photo, I will face each sunrise with a stride of optimism!

WP_20150419_06_13_07_Rich (2).jpg

chris7724

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
WP_20140817_004 (3).jpg
This was taken with my old but trusty Lumia 520 and edited with Lumia Refocus.
My son playing traveling baseball last year. He walked at this at bat and ended up
scoring when the next batter hit a homer!! They ended up losing this game but for
this dad every game he plays in is a winner!!

ryantaylord

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
This photo was taken on the Lumia 925. I took this through a windows to create the glossy effect. There were fires in the area and it was during golden hours, which creates the color. It was taken at a lake in Washington state to create the reflection.
dfb9949dbcf73ab0612b3fb4d62f22f1.jpg

tushardhingra

May 20, 2014
Visit site
16082_1432847690.jpg

This picture was taken with my gf's Lumia 730 and I did the little editing with MS Paint.
Backstory: Me and my gf alongwith another couple went to Nainital (A hill station in India) which is around 200 miles away from Delhi, without informing our parents. The picture was clicked on one of the sites we visited and this cable car was used to take people up on the tourist site.

The pic shows a boarding point for Windows 10.

P.S. Don't know why but this is one of my favourite pic of that trip :amaze:

Last edited:

James Dantas Costa

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
windows central photo contest.jpg

Well, this is my entry. The story of the photo is simple: i want to do a artpiece that conceive the idea of a promotional material, making the viewer be more imersive with the concept of Windows 10. I've used the Adobe Photoshop CS 5 to edit the pic, using layers and filters with some text.

The original pick is below to comparation, and it's history is simple too: i've made a set to send to Adam Fraser, of Lumia Conversatiions blog, to show that my prize of one of the blog contests, a coloud hoop headphone, was arrived and i was enjoying it. The Picture was taken on the front c?mera of Microsoft Lumia 535 owned by my sister, with the lumia c?mera app :)

WP_20150809_14_42_49_Pro.jpg

Adriaan Le Grange

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Phone: Lumia 1520
editing app: Camera 360
Story: Early morning I was walking in the hotel were i work, saw the sun shining threw the glass door onto the wooden floor.
Seems like even the sun uses windows 10
Camera360_2015_4_12_085352.jpg

lunta

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
There are many kind of "windows" to examine Windows 10 through them. Unfortunately, I am short-sighted so I need some help to see the display. Due to the laws of optics, one can construct a convex lens out of a "window" filled with... eh... fluid with a refractive index greater than air. Here is the result.

WP_20150819_031.jpg

Nokia Lumia 1020
Microsoft Camera App for WP8.1
No any post-processing

gkre

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
The Majestic, the One and Only Microsoft Ninja Cat Unicorn
Lumia 1520
Adobe Photoshop Express (contrast value was adjusted and photo was rotated)

While I was playing some video games in a dark room on my laptop (which was just recently upgraded to Windows 10), I noticed that my touchpad/ trackpad actually reflects some parts of my screen since it is covered with this thin plastic film. Since I was just recently fascinated by taking reflection photos on my Lumia 1520, I was inspired to take a photo of Microsoft's unofficial mascot, the Microsoft Ninja Cat Unicorn, being reflected on my laptop's touchpad/ trackpad. :D

Time to make things happen and to do great things!
Here's to Windows 10!

AdobePhotoshopExpress_0229c015682947209cb9cc8ab1271cab (2).jpg

CrazyBoy05

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Captured with lumia 520 and edited with Photo Editor App. I find this image interesting because, the lumia 520's camera cannot focus on such small objects (like the water drips in the picture). So what I did is, I press and hold the camera key and when the camera is trying to focus on the object (the water drips) I took the photo AFTER the camera focuses on to the object because, if you wait for the camera to completely focus on to the object it won't work. So yeah :smile:

WP_20141222_006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb