Win a Lumia 950 or Lumia 950 XL in the Windows Central Fa-la-la-liday Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBJonbo

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Once BRRY dropped BB10 for Android I switch to WP and purchased a 950XL on release day. My display dock just shipped today and really looking forward to that. Will be able to leave my Surface Pro 3 at home and just take my phone on vacations. Loving Win10 on the desktop and thought it would be a natural transition to use it on a phone. Definitely a bit rough around the edges but MS is addressing the bigger issues very fast IMHO. Not regretting the switch so much that I bought a 950XL for my 85 year old father. He struggles with fruit produces and he too loves Win10 so W10M will be an easy transition for him. Now I just need another 950XL to bring my DW over from the dark side of Android.

I prefer the 950XL over the 950 due to the size. I rarely have heating problems and usually only occurs once in a while when charging of when massive downloads occur. Otherwise this is a cool beast. Definitely hitting some bugs but have on every platform I have used and not seeing W10M as anything worse. Very excited to see where MS takes this with the Surface Phone.

Massimiliano Carli

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950 definitively.
Why? The XL version has better display, battery ecc...a true jewel...
BUT
I want a smartphone "mobile". When I want a bigger screen, I can extract my Surface pro 1?g. from my university bag!
I don't want to waste hours trying to extract my phone from my jeans :D

jazzedmurf

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 950 XL. Better battery performance, bigger screen for not much bigger "in-hand" imprint, faster performance with Snapdragon 810 chipset (which will (at some point) help with tasks via Continuum. It's just awesome!

Alexandana Theng

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I particularly like Microsoft Lumia 950 XL to get the benefit of bigger screen for media consumption, games and better windows experience on the phone, better battery life, cutting edge hardware and liquid cooling tech which sounds awesome to me.

Anyway, both are great smartphone to date. I like the build quality, best 20MP rear camera, improved selfie camera. 3GB of RAM means the phone works like a champ. I used to own Lumia 720 (RAM 512BM) and Lumia 925 (RAM 1GB) but they worked perfectly fine for me. I love the smoothness of windows phone.

MATRIX RELOADED

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
The smaller L950 for me. After over a year sporting the 1520, I'm longing for a phone that i can truly pocket. Bringing a small sling bag for the phone all the time is cumbersome and had taken its toll on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro