Win a Lumia 950 or Lumia 950 XL in the Windows Central Fa-la-la-liday Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capris76

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950xl Jo ?is ir labākais uz windowas bāzētais telefos, kas ?obrīd pieejams! Turklāt ar lielisku kameru... kas nav mazsvarīgi!

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I would have picked the 950XL. I would have done so because:

I prefer a large and rich screen.

While I currently use a 1GB phone with the latest build of W10M and it works fine which is proof that W10M is kind to lower spec'ed devices, having 3GB of RAM and a high-end processor would make the experience more fluid/ smooth and lightening quick.

Surprisingly, I like the 950XL's design language. To me it is an example of understated elegance - polycarbonate nothwithstanding. I think the revised version of the Start screen works very well with a device that sports the kind of display that the 950XL does.

The fact that the phone is light and has a removable battery are also plus points.

The prospect of Continuum and what it may evolve to over the course of next year is also one of the 950XL's attractions for me.

The 950XL's camera combined with its low-light capabilities (as compared to my last two phones - the 830 and the 640XL) and OIS will give me a fairly sophisticated point and shoot option. But to be fair, the cameras on the Lumia line of phones (in general) have been excellent and the 950XL probably extends that excellent reputation.

Lastly, I suspect that the 950XL is one of the last phones that will carry the design language that it does. Going forwards, I think with Panos heading the Hardware element of MS's business, the design will change. If speculations are to be believed, high-end MS phones will be similar to the Surface design language. If true, this makes the 950XL the last high-end phone to carry the classic Nokia design language (albeit in a slightly mutated form).

Nico Dekker

Feb 23, 2008
Visit site
The "normal" 950 because of the size. Having dual sim option is handy when I travel to the US next year. So I can use my European sim and an american pre-paid sim.

Ekmeet Singh

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

If you've found this thread, that means you're interested in submitting another entry in Windows Central's Fa-la-la-liday contest. If you haven't read about the contest yet, go here.

Long story short, we're giving away a Lumia 950 or Lumia 950 XL to one lucky member, and there are plenty of ways to enter.

To submit an entry here in the forums, all you need to do is leave a comment below, and tell us WHICH device you'd choose (Lumia 950 or Lumia 950 XL), and why!

For additional entry methods, look for the widget on our contest announcement post. Plenty of easy (and fun) ways to enter - and the more entries you complete, the better your chances are of winning!

Good luck!

I would love to win the new Lumia 950XL as it is the best phone for a window fan with a two plus year old Lumia 720.
Thanks for choosing me for Lumia 950XL in advance.

schlubadub

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm very tempted by the 950 XL, as it's more powerful and has a bigger battery - but I'm put off by the huge screen, so I'd have to pick the Lumia 950!

Flat Earth

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950XL. I like its bigger screen (own a Note II already), bigger battery, And that Snapdragon 810 with liquid cooling system sounds interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos