Microsoft giving out an extra free 20GB of SkyDrive to Windows Phone users

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
SkyDrive.jpg

Microsoft handed out an extra 3GB of SkyDrive storage to early adopters of Outlook.com. Now it looks like they?re doing the same, but bigger, for Windows Phone users. We?re getting tips from a few of you about a little early Christmas present from Microsoft in your inboxes. How much extra storage are you getting on SkyDrive for being a Windows Phone user? Let?s find out.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Allow me to celebrate.

They keep telling us 7GB is adequate, but if you pile on the photos, you'll soon be forced to pay.
(Looking forward to this Christmas gift!)

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't got mine yet :( I figured it might be because I already have the old 25GB, so has anyone who already have 25GB got it?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft not showing me any love :unhappy:

My Mum and Dad, both received their emails within minutes of each other very early this morning. Nothing for me though yet. I wonder if it's because I changed to a new Microsoft Account about a year ago or that I'm already on a paid plan (50GB). Oh well, I'll wait and see what happens.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft not showing me any love :unhappy:

My Mum and Dad, both received their emails within minutes of each other very early this morning. Nothing for me though yet. I wonder if it's because I changed to a new Microsoft Account about a year ago or that I'm already on a paid plan (50GB). Oh well, I'll wait and see what happens.
Cheer up ;)

You should get it, regardless of what happened with your SkyDrive account (except, of course it being closed)

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Cheer up ;)

You should get it, regardless of what happened with your SkyDrive account (except, of course it being closed)

Thanks buddy :)

I hope I get it, as I've been with WP for nearly 2 years now. My old account was never banned or closed etc, I just wanted a change of email, so decided to create a whole new Microsoft Account roughly 10 months ago and have used that since. Just checked my old account, nothing on that either. It's probably because I pay for storage already then, they think they have me cornered into SkyDrive already ;)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks buddy :)

I hope I get it, as I've been with WP for nearly 2 years now. My old account was never banned or closed etc, I just wanted a change of email, so decided to create a whole new Microsoft Account roughly 10 months ago and have used that since. Just checked my old account, nothing on that either. It's probably because I pay for storage already then, they think they have me cornered into SkyDrive already ;)

People who pay have reported getting it too.

I'm still waiting. I have my free 7GBs and Skydrive and WP and Outlook all in active use, so maybe it will come.. hope so :p

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
People who pay have reported getting it too.

I'm still waiting. I have my free 7GBs and Skydrive and WP and Outlook all in active use, so maybe it will come.. hope so :p

Thanks for the info :) Hopefully we'll receive ours at some point. Let me know if/when you get yours, as judging by the comments, it seems most people have received their freebie now.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Still nothing here as well. I emailed Microsoft about this a few days ago, to see why most of the WP community have received this offer, but asking why some people are being left out. When I hear back, I'll let you know :)

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Still nothing here as well. I emailed Microsoft about this a few days ago, to see why most of the WP community have received this offer, but asking why some people are being left out. When I hear back, I'll let you know :)

It's not what you think. It is 20 GB but only for ONE YEAR. Not sure why people are hyping this.

capturepage11thHappyFaceAnimatedPointingDown.gif
71qkon.jpg

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It's not what you think. It is 20 GB but only for ONE YEAR. Not sure why people are hyping this.

http://i41.tinypic.com/71qkon.jpg

We all know it's for one year.

Some of us could make good use of it for that one year.
Just like I'd love a 1 yr free car rental.

What I dont understand is why some people tthink that own use case applies to everyone else, so a FREE service for a year suddenly isn't any good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb