Sony and Microsoft reportedly in talks for a Windows Phone device in 2014

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
sonybooth_ifa%20%281%29.jpeg

File this under wishful thinking, but the Information, a new website founded by former Wall Street Journal reporter Jessica Lessin, is reporting that Sony and Microsoft are in talks for a new Windows Phone. The report cites a non-named but trusted source on the matter, though it notes that nothing is signed yet between the companies.
Should such a deal come forward, it will reportedly fall under Sony?s VAIO brand, which has seen modest success in the Windows 8 world. Sony used to make reasonably successful Windows Mobile devices, and they were on board with Windows Phone 7 Devices, back when Microsoft announced the OS in Barcelona in early 2010. In fact, Sony Ericsson had the ?Jolie? prototype circulating before backing out at the last minute.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Looking very forward to this if it happens!

I hope they use the SONY XPERIA Z1 design with high end specs that would be a dream come true!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Looking very forward to this if it happens!

I hope they use the SONY XPERIA Z1 design with high end specs that would be a dream come true!

I'm sure it will be a dual boot on Sony's current android devices, as they don't really care to make a whole phone for an OS they said they didn't like.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes