HP brings back and promotes the Windows 7 PC due to 'popular demand'

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
HP%20Logo.jpg

Microsoft is attempting to save Windows 8 through Windows 8.1, pushing machines left, right and centre, but it seems one of its OEM partners has other ideas. HP has brought back Windows 7 hardware, enabling consumers to customise a new HP PC, running the older operating system. The reason for this re-introduction? According to the HP website, the offer was brought back "by popular demand."

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Don't blame HP, it's all the ignorant people.
The only complaint I here is the lack of a start button and "metro is crap" but all these people are too ignorant to notice that you can just install a start menu and you don't even have to use the metro ui for the computer to function...

Last edited:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
You cant argue with popular demand if your making money off it.

Exactly. HP couldn't care less about pushing a certain OS (for the most part; there may be underlying reasons why certain OS's are better for them than others). They need to provide what the consumers want. Their ultimate goal is to sell devices to make a profit.

UncleGrandpa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
There are a hell of a lot of our web apps that aren't compatible with IE 11. Even in compatibility mode. That's huge for our business. We are rolling all new windows 8 boxes back to windows 7/IE 10 so we can work.

Couldn't care less about the interface. It's about being able to work. IE is required in our environment. Other browsers not an option for some of our web apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eve6er69

Jul 18, 2007
Visit site
i know windows 8 was supposed to be a refresh but i go to a ton of peoples homes that use windows 8 and hate it because it was such a culture shock from 7. if they just kept the start button people wouldnt complain i feel. thats everyones #1 complaint about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss