PSA ? Check your offline maps on Windows Phone 8 for new updates

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Update_Offline_HERE_Maps.jpg

If you use Windows Phone 8, there?s a really good chance you use Maps (or HERE Maps, if on a Lumia). Hopefully you have also taken advantage of the offline map ability, which allows you to download regional or state maps to your phone for faster access ? and no data charges.
We had a tip from Antonio that his offline map data had an update, so we did a roll call on our team to check ourselves. From Alabama, to the UK, to New York, to the UAE, India, Spain and even Florida, we all had offline map data awaiting to be downloaded. (To clarify, this is not the app that has been updated, just map data).

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

schiznatch

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I've been searching in these forums and on search engines, but can't find anything on it, so I'll post here.

When using Here maps to get directions from Y to Z, it only gives you one path and doesn't let you change it. Well, if it does, I haven't been able to figure it out and hopefully someone can explain it to me.

For example, when on my PC, I can go to Google Maps and get directions and gives me the quickest/shortest path. If I don't like that path, I can drag the line to force it to change to another path and it gives new directions on the new course. Is this possible on Windows Phone 8 Here Maps?

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss