Samsung?s upcoming Windows Phone stops by the FCC, Verizon next

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Samsung.jpg

Samsung has an upcoming Windows Phone handset. It?s the SM-W750V, but will most likely be known colloquially as the Huron. We first heard about the device last month and it?s now decided to stop by the FCC. Details below.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Given the estimated battery size, is this something like an Ativ mini. Like some scaled down version. I know they do them for Android. The S4 had a little version.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Given the estimated battery size, is this something like an Ativ mini. Like some scaled down version. I know they do them for Android. The S4 had a little version.

Not to sure to many rumors between a small battery size and large, I'm hoping it will be a flagship device however if it a small battery then I think your spot on!

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It was just a thought.... They do it with Android so why not. On the other side, it is a late release of a mini version. But perhaps they are noticing the sales of the 500 and 600 series Nokias. A 1500 size battery does not a flagship make. The Icon is rocking 2500 or more.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
MWC I wonder what will be there...

According to WPC, there won't be any Nokia offerings, aside from perhaps Icon. The vibe on here is that we will see more Nokia stuff at, or after, Build in April. I will be honest, I am not a Samsung fan usually. However, I did notice one of their S4 phones recently with a real good demo on. It made the screen look phenomenal. I just find them to be generally cheap looking. A salesman in the phone shop had a Note as his personal phone, looked like a nice screen, but too big for me. The 920/1020 size is my sweet spot.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
According to WPC, there won't be any Nokia offerings, aside from perhaps Icon. The vibe on here is that we will see more Nokia stuff at, or after, Build in April. I will be honest, I am not a Samsung fan usually. However, I did notice one of their S4 phones recently with a real good demo on. It made the screen look phenomenal. I just find them to be generally cheap looking. A salesman in the phone shop had a Note as his personal phone, looked like a nice screen, but too big for me. The 920/1020 size is my sweet spot.

I wait and see if there any Nokia's in MWC however I'm with WPC and doubtful of this however I wont be surprised if Samsung and others OEM show off there WP devices at MWC.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Samsung will need to do something special to pry me away from Nokia. Love my 920. Apple certainly cannot tempt me and Android is a flat out no. So, looks like Nokia have retained a customer. fingers crossed they can produce something special.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos