Nokia Martini reportedly is the Lumia 930, an upcoming device with Windows Phone 8.1

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Windows_Phone_Blue.jpg

Earlier this month we heard about an upcoming handset from Nokia ? codename Martini. The device is expected to be an upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 handset from Nokia. We don?t know much about the handset just yet, but we do now have another piece of information. Nokia Martini is the Nokia Lumia 930.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I would be very interested if it would be an OLED but now im just dreaming. ;-)

Really? I didn't know there was a difference, beyond OLED's tendency to smear any type of animated content all across the screen :evil:

Anyway, I fear I have no hope of getting the device I'd be most interested in buying. My perfect device would:

• be about the same width and height as the L920, but thinner, and have smaller bezels, resulting in a slightly larger display
  • have a 720p AMOLED display (because I {a} value high contrast ratios and {b} think the necessary sacrifice to battery life for 1080p isn't worth the miniscule improvement to sharpness on a display of that size).
  • include a Snapdragon 801 with an underclocked/undervolted CPU. Basically, I want a high end SoC that is underclocked so CPU performance matches that of a mid range device, in exchange for better battery life. The high-end GPU should be clocked at stock frequencies however. Combining that GPU with a 720p display would allow it to outperform anything else on the market in terms of frame rates. Such a device may not be the fastest at calculating pi to a million decimal places, but in terms of perceived performance it would be second to none, despite the underclocked CPU.
  • dual-sim support, which would allow me to travel across Europe and avoid roaming costs, while still being available on my standard number (I currently use two phones for this)
  • finally include decent storage technology, and either give me a 128GB option or allow for a memory card (the junk storage technology in current generation devices is the biggest drag on app launch times).
  • include the largest capacity battery that could possibly be crammed into the available space.

I know there isn't even a snowball's chance in hell of the Martini being anything like this, but I hope the Martini at least nails other people's idea of an ideal smartphone.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I would be happy with a display similar to the PS Vita it has OLED display and it only qHD but it brilliant and a joy to look at!

That when I would be happy with a display less than HD.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you it WON'T have Qi charging in the US thanks to stupid ******* ***** ATT, the "Dreadful Windows Phone Partner"

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I can tell you it WON'T have Qi charging in the US thanks to stupid ******* ***** ATT, the "Dreadful Windows Phone Partner"

Thankfully I have no dependencies on U.S. carriers. In continental Europe (the U.K. is more like the U.S.) all devices are available on all carriers, in the original configuration as they were intended to be sold. There are a lot of things my U.S. friends miss while working over here. The U.S. carriers aren't one of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos