It is time to redefine the smartphone; phablets are the future of mobile

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Lumia_1520_0.jpg

My Nokia Lumia 1520 is the perfect size device and everything else is just too small. Picking up a Lumia 1020 feels ridiculous and borrowing a friend?s Apple iPhone 5S to make a call feels like a joke. As the smartphone market evolves, I am no longer the only person to find a love for the ?extra-large? phone. In a world where a 3.5? display was once gorgeous, 4.5? is the new standard and 5.5? is the future.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

qwertyaa

Banned
Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
As I see the 4.3 was the standart in 2011 y. Personally I hate larged size phones. They are really hard to carry in the pocket. I hope the 4.3-4.5 size to remain the standard for flagships.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have an L920 and it is starting to seem small. I very rarely hear people who actually own a 1520 say anything other than they love the size and can now never go back to a small phone. I find that perspective to be fairly compelling. Most of the detractors don't actually have a phablet and merely speculate that they wouldn't like one. I find that perspective less compelling.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I had the Note 3 -- 5.7" this was a bit big for me although was fun to watch movie on it ( bigger the better ) to a certain point..Now, I would like the next one not to be bigger than 5.5"...to be comfortable with it.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
While I now consider phablets mainstream devices, I really can't see myself getting around to using one.

I mean, I'm fine with using an S4 or Icon (or any 5" device, for that matter), sure, but it doesn't mean that I'll ever get comfortable with it.

Besides, phablets are normally thin - and I prefer thick phones - and the word sounds...undignified.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon