MLB?s At Bat for Windows Phone now ready for the 2014 season

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
At_Bat_13_MLB_WP82.jpg

Last month we told you that MLB At Bat would be coming this month. Well we have some great news for baseball fans since the app is now live in the Windows Phone Store. This updated app will get you ready for MLB?s 2014 season. Ready to watch a ton of baseball on your Windows Phone? Then it?s time to pick up AT Bat for Windows Phone.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Isn't his supposed to show scores??

EDIT

Nevermind, it's an option, if you can believe that, to hide scores...anyway, if I can get video to play for more than 3 minutes, it's w WIN

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140321_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140321_0001.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 5

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Video blows for me, most times fails to start all together (just hangs on a black screen), and when it does load, it only plays for a short bit. I used to have an S4, and in the same place on the same network it NEVER dropped...has to be the app. Just me?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
AHHH, this app is annoying the crap out of me and I am only 1.1 innings into the season! I am trying to watch the Tigers play and every time I get a toast for anything (like an SMS) it freezes the video. I have to click 'Stop' then click TV again to start to stream again. This won't be an issue on most days as I don't get a lot of messages but I have gotten ~30-40 today in the last 30 minutes, haha.

Lordy...now the game is skipping all around, once a minute or so it will skip back and replay 2-3 seconds, then it will skip forward to get caught back up again...ugh

And now it is sending me the toasts of a score update BEFORE the scoring play happens on TV! Just got an update the Royals tied to at 1-1 then two pitches later they get a double to score a runner from 1st. C'mon people... haha

Last edited:

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Here is what they sent me...I am SO glad I'm not the only one. REPORT IT, they don't think they have a problem...I can't get this to work for nothing, and it isn't the network. Android worked flawlessly...

Response Via Email(MS) - 03/31/2014 08:03 PM
Dear MLB.com Mobile User,

Thank you for the screenshots from your device. We will share them with the development team. While you stated earlier that you don't use Wi-Fi with the device, please attempt to access audio/video from a Wi-Fi connection in order to determine if the issue only persists on carrier or persists on both carrier/Wi-Fi. We are testing with a Verizon Nokia Lumia Icon out of the NY area and have been unable to replicate the behavior you have described with the device. We appreciate your patience.

If you have any additional questions, please contact Customer Service at 866-800-1275 (US) or 512-434-1542 (International).

Sincerely,
MLB.com Customer Service

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
What games were you guys watching?

I was watching the Free Game of the Day (Tigers/Royals), at 1:00-2:00 on Opening Day so I figured their server was as slammed as it will ever be. If I have issues on Wednesday/Thurs/Fri I'll give them a call.

And I was using WiFi.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I watched the first three innings of the Rockies-Marlins game yesterday, and it froze twice. Other than that, no problems.

pnibur

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the app installed, cannot get gameday audio even tho I purchased the $20 App. "Your account does not have access to the selected media. Please tap below to purchase or log in with an entitled account." The only place to tap is an OK box, and when I do that, there's no place to sign in, no three dots in the right corner for more options. Any ideas anyone?
(I also discovered that you need to purchase the app separately for different platforms. You can listen online on a computer but must repurchase app for iphone or android)

Any help? Thanks

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Was thinking about subscribing this season, but this does not sound promising.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
No lags or crashes today, and I watched five innings on video and listened to four innings on the audio broadcast.

I am seeing that too. Today worked well, have only watched 1 inning but never once skipped, plus I got a text while watching and it didn't crash the video, but it did PAUSE it. After I was done reading the toast; I simply dismissed it / swiped it away, tapped the screen to bring up the controls and tapped play to resume the game stream.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
The Audio stream cut out when I was trying to listen to the radio broadcast in the car yesterday. Seems like it's hit and miss (no puns intended) in the early going with At Bat.

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Whoever approved the release of this app should be kicked in the boxx. With 8.1, I get an error every time I open it. Heck, even with WP8 it blew chucks of goat azz. I was told today that a new build is "coming soon", by which I think they mean the 2016 season.

Epic fail for an app I really wanted to use...

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok I just subscribed so I could listen to the games. Now when I select a game there aren't any headphones at the bottom to be able to listen to the game. The only thing I have is the little bell to remind me.

Edit: I think the problem is it still doesn't think the game started even though it started 30 minutes ago. It is showing the live scores but on the main page it hasn't updated.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, a couple of weeks in, and the video is pretty legit so far but the list of complaints has not shrunk.

1) There is sometimes a long delay in the toast notifications (not that bad), and sometimes they are 5-10 seconds ahead of the video feed! There is nothing more annoying then watching your pitcher battle with the bases loaded and two outs and get a "runs are scored" toast before he throws his pitch!

2) I can't listen to a radio feed for more than 10 minutes and it will just pause. I have to unlock the phone, it shows "buffering" and then starts to play again. (no need to click anything after I unlock).

And 3) This app is 100x better than the Xbox One app. I mean, Dear Lord...that one is just HORRID! You don't even get access to a lot of their features (like condenced games) and there is no way to hide the scores of previous games so if you are trying to watch a west coast game the next day...you have to know the final before you watch.

Ok I just subscribed so I could listen to the games. Now when I select a game there aren't any headphones at the bottom to be able to listen to the game. The only thing I have is the little bell to remind me.

Edit: I think the problem is it still doesn't think the game started even though it started 30 minutes ago. It is showing the live scores but on the main page it hasn't updated.

That is weird...but could be something to do with your phone's clock? Maybe your time reads correctly but it is set at the wrong timezone or something?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb