Video tour of the new Windows Phone 8.1 native calendar

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
wp81_Calendar.jpg

The Windows Phone native calendar. Let?s not mince words, it was quite?basic. Limited views, restricted features ? Microsoft practically forced third-party developers to make alternatives, such as Simple Calendar or Cal. But even those had OS limitations due to constrained APIs.
With Windows Phone 8.1, Microsoft certainly gave the native calendar a much needed overhaul. We managed to miss it in our earlier coverage ? not a shocker when you consider all the new changes ? so we figured we would revisit this core OS feature and show you what?s new. Head past the break to catch our video!

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
It's looking like a big improvement over the current one. I was looking to see if I could see a search button to search the calendar but I don't think they are going to include that feature by the looks of it. Also would be nice to see appointments that happened weeks/months ago, which can't be viewed on the current calendar that we have at the moment. It'll be interesting to see if that's there. Overall though I'm liking what I see :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes