Push-to-talk app Zello exits beta, now available for Windows Phone

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Zello_Windows_Phone.jpg

Zello, a new push-to-talk walkie-talkie service, has officially launched on Windows Phone. We last covered Zello earlier this month, with testing kicking off for lucky souls on the private access list. That stage of development has well and truly ended with Zello now releasing the app into the wild, opening up access to all Windows Phone consumers.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

Joshua Hale

May 15, 2014
Visit site
battery dies within hours (4-5, on my 8.1 920) notifications dont work if you have the app turned off even with notification settings stating they are on for this app. I loved using it today, but until the battery issue gets fixed, i cant do it. My fathers 920 which he never downloads anything on and very lightly uses it and does NOT have 8.1, drained his whole battery within a few hours. The androids i played with in the office today worked flawlessly and maintained good battery

*sigh* :eck:

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1020 8.0 and the app acted weird.....echo was poping on and off line.....every time I tried to do a test message it jumped back to contact list.

Also had echo try to add as contact, and each time I tried to add, it jumped back to contact list.

The app was utterly useless.

Am I the only one with this bug????
It's a shame as it looks like a very usefull app otherwise!!!! I hope this was just a weird install.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes