Glympse travel tracker for Windows Phone gets an update after a three year hiatus

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Glympse_lede_new.jpg

Glympse (www.glympse.com) is probably one of the most useful services when making a car trip. The free service allows you to share your journey with friends or family so that they can track you in real time. For instance, imagine you're meeting up with a friend in the city. You can give them a Glympse along with your ETA, allowing your compadre to see where you are (and perhaps preventing an unnecessary call when you're running late).
Gympse originally arrived on Windows Phone back in 2011 and before that it was even on Windows Mobile 6. The app had a handful of updates jumping from 1.0 to 2.0 in five months, but after November 2011, the well went dry. The deserting was particularly painful because it wasn't until Windows Phone 8 and the background GPS tasks that Glympse had the potential to be fully unleashed. On Windows Phone 7, the Glympse app had to stay in the forefront, losing the signal if tombstoned.
However, June 17, 2014 is the day Glympse finally returned to Windows Phone.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

crazy elf

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I generally try and use the internet to find the best information on apps , but anywho I am trying to find the BEST life/ GPS tracking app. An app that tracks your position and time spent at that location and time spent traveling there and so on. Not for tracking children and/or significant other but rather my daily movements between jobs. Any good suggestions. I've tried track my life and life tracker and both seem good but one keeps asking me to open it or it will close and the other doesn't color the graph correctly thanks in advance for any suggestions. I am using this beautiful Lumia 1520.

Alaina15

Sep 21, 2017
Visit site
Yes this is an amazing service. My brother is doing job in a pharma company & they use this service to track the location of their employees. In fact I remember one time I was coming back to home late night from a party my car has stopped because of some technical issue I have received a call from my brother that he tracked me at that place & came to help me. This service is reliable & I believe it so much.
Regards
Alaina

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos