This is Cortana with the Dot View case for the HTC One for Windows

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
HTC_One_Cortana_Dot_View_lede.jpg

Cases are always an optional accessory on phones, but the Dot View case for the HTC One M8 for Windows is much more than just protection. The case is interactive, showing owners useful information like the time, current temperature and the current conditions. The case is 'dot view' because of the mesh screen gives users a dot-matrix picture of that info.

On the new Windows Phone version, Microsoft and HTC added something unique to the equation: Cortana integration. Although all Windows Phone 8.1 devices in the US get Cortana, the HTC One (M8) for Windows goes a step further by adding a feature to the Dot View case. Users simply swipe down on the case when the phone is in standby, and Cortana comes to life.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I have to admit that I normally would just have a standard TPU case on my phone, but I have just purchased my second Dot View for the (M8) for Windows due to this feature. The swipe down to access Cortana is simply fantastic. Being able to answer the phone without opening the case, also awesome - and no more face prints on the phone when you talk on it.

So far my only complaint is that the volume rocker appears to be disabled when the case is closed. Maybe a tweak to the firmware to fix this one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99