Weekly photo contest: Silhouette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freud Polyne

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
silhouette.jpg Here's my picture for the contest. I took this picture with my Lumia 520 using the default camera. I used the Nokia Creative Studio app to make some fancy edits to it. I took that picture while I was in my backyard playing with my little sister and she wanted me to take some pictures of her so I decided to make her my model for the contest :) .

toffvs

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
780.jpg

Silhouette of the Vaduz Castle overlooking the capital of Liechtenstein.

This picture was taken with my Lumia 1020 during a fantastic display of fireworks in this small Principality between Switzerland and Austria. The timing of my visit to this country during a tour by train through Europe was very fortunate, since this is an annual celebration (in which both fireworks and bus tickets were payed for by the Prince of Liechtenstein, Hans-Adam II).

Photo taken (and cropped) with the Nokia Camera app. No further editing. DNG version available upon request.

Best wishes from Sweden!

etrosce

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
This was taken with my Lumia 720 (8.1 built-in camera app) during a short vacation back in July. It was a sunny morning and I was in the roof of my mom's apartment when I saw my shadow reflected on a wall in front. I thought it looked nice so I took the picture (kind of a selfie?).

I have cropped the photo to focus the attention on the silhouette of the shadow.

Shadow Selfie.png

cevansdust

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This picture was taken on a Nokia Lumia 920. Believe it or not this is a raw picture with no editing whatsoever. I took this picture in Franklin, North Carolina one day when while a buddy and me were playing a round of disc golf. That's him in the pic (Travis). This picture was taken back in mid 2013 so there weren't too many updates at the time for the phone. I'm always surprised how awesome the phone was at taking pictures right out of the gate. Disc Gold Sil.jpg

DiegoT

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Memorial to Ferdinand Magellan, Punta Arenas, Chile. I'm looking at it from the west side. Shot on last day of my vacation trip, past january. You really can't go further south than this (well, I actually did - went to Tierra del Fuego).
It was almost 10 PM and the sun was still visible - nice!!

Taken with Lumia 1020, no editing. Nokia camera app.

WP_20140228_20_44_26_Pro.jpg

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Summer's evening silhouettes. Taken with Lumia 920 MS Camera. Edited on notebook with virtualPhotographer by OptikVerve Labs - added Ambience effect to highlight the contrast between the sky and building silhouettes.

WP_20140515_001.jpg

Harshv61

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

Stages Of Life

adp7wx.jpg

An early cold morning view of river Ganges- an ecstatic and divine feeling.

Taken on Nokia 1020, using Nokia Camera app with exposure and color adjustment later edited on Adobe Photoshop.

SirTom

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
David, Florence
WP_20130917_011.jpg

I was on holiday in Italy and we were just leaving Florence when we absolutely accidentally got to some platform overviewing Florence. It was full of tourists buses so we`ve stopped and saw absolutely amazing sunset over Florence.

Lumia 920

Mrallen34

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Crescent moon (its there on the left, might have to click on the image to enlarge) through oak tree . Nokia Lumia 635, Camera 360 app and a tweek from Nokia Creative Studio.

Camera360_2014_8_28_080913.jpg

Nikoleta Ilic

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
This picture was taken with Nokia Lumia 630 and was edited in Nokia creative studio. I took it at my place in Pancevo, Serbia.
On this photo is my pet and his name is Julian.
p.s. Nokia Lumia 630 rules :D

AdobePhotoshopExpress_4093c6d02df54b25b27cf123b91c876d[1].jpg

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I took this of my son in South Lake Tahoe after reading an article from Nokia I found about how to take silhouettes. Shot with a Lumia 920 and edited with Fotor. Thanks!

B&W.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon