Weekly photo contest: Nightlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Night.jpg​​

We're going to have 'nightlife' as the theme for the weekly photo contest this week. This is another contest where you can get creative and inventive with what nightlife means to you. As usual, you'll be using your Windows Phone to capture nightlife and sharing your entry in our forums.

Nightlife

This week we're going to get a little nocturnal with our contest. Stay up a little bit past your bedtime and head out and capture nightlife. Head to a club, restaurant, theater or downtown to capture what life is like around you at night. Live in the wilderness? Well your nightlife is probably a bit different from those city folks, but we're sure you can get creative shots too!

Photo subject can be anything you want, so long as your photo has a 'nightlife' theme.

The above photo was captured by yours truly. It's of the Canadian electronic dance music duo Adventure Club. They were playing a show in Seattle at Showbox SoDo in Seattle and it was amazing. I used the Lumia 1020 to get the shot, then cropped and upped the vibrance a little bit.

Rules

Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:

• Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
  • Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
  • Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Phone Central, so I know how to contact the winner
  • Only ONE entry per week per person
Social

We're going to continue our social experiment from last week. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram and Twitter using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!
Here's how it looks this week.

• #WPCpc
  • #NightlifeWPC
This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!

Prize

One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.
We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (September 16) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the contest next week.

Ashutosh Ashutosh

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140301_18_33_07_Pro.jpg

Taken with my Lumia 525 with the Nokia Camera app. I took this image few months back when I was bored on a Sunday night and I had nothing to do. I went to the bridge and started doing experiment with focus and shutter speed. And this was the result.

Scottie P

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
WP_20140906_22_07_06_Pro.jpg
Taken late at night on a Lumia 920. Just took this at a TobyMac concert.
Taken with Nokia Camera Beta - No re-touch, "lens", or post change.

Last edited:

kingbobyjr

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
winerydogs-3.jpg
A late night out with the wife back in August rocking out to The Winery Dogs at a very cool venue, The Chance in Poughkeepsie, NY. It was my birthday weekend, we had a two hour drive, and gorged on Irish fare and Guinness...great night, awesome memories.

The photo was taken with my Lumia 928 and tweaked a bit in Lightroom.

cjloyola

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
WP_20140426_21_13_17_Pro.jpg

Well, I missed heating up myself using Bonfire on the Beach. We took this Image while were having our Night Swimming in Romblon Philippines.

Nokia Lumia 720
Nokia Camera(Quick Capture)
No Edit

Willyman

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
mexico hot dog.jpg

After party munchies in Mexico. AKA best hot dogs ever!

Phone Lumia 930
Filter One of the 6tag filters... can't remember which one.

Joel Marambaia

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
At Punta Cana, Dominican Republic there is a place called Imagine. They simply have a night club inside a natural cave. I?ve felt like i was at Zion ( Matrix reference kkkk), how awsome is that??. so i hope you enjoy a little bit of that place.
WP_20140511_00_48_07_Pro-2.jpg
Taken with my Lumia 920, edited with Lightroom

ChristianKing

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
WP_20140730_21_46_53_Pro.jpg

Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520.3
Camera: Nokia Camera Beta
Editing: None

Zoom: 1X
Exposure: 0.0
Shutter Speed: 1/20s
ISO: ISO250
White Balance: Auto

Backstory: Decided to catch dinner with a college friend At Sweet Georgia's Juk Joint on Peachtree Street in Atlanta Georgia. The band was comprised of mostly senior citizens and a lead singer in college. Well age was nothing but a number because they rocked the house all night long until it was time to turn the lights out. Lol!

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
WP_20140906_19_53_35_Pro (2).jpg
Phone: Nokia Lumia 928
Camera: Nokia Camera 4.8.4.3
Editing: A little color correction with Windows Photo Editor

Background: This was Balloon Weekend in Macomb Illinois at Western Illinois University. Made for a really great time with friends and family. Happens every year at the beginning of the new fall semester at WIU.

Aanze

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
WP_20130422_044 (2).jpg

I took this picture in Prague's Town Center, had a Lumia 920 at the time. Unfortunately the low light sensor was not as powerfull as in my next L1020 or L930 but I managed to fix the picture with Nokia Studio.

Prague's a beautiful city with a very peculiar mood at night; somehow between romantic and gothic, depending on the place where you're standing.

nilsderbaer

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Camera360_2013_8_24_092121.jpg
This picture was taken at a village party that overhelmed us all. It was actually quite big for how big the village was. There was some overwhelming lighting conditions, as you can see.
Taken with my old Lumia 720 using Camera360

PolishHitta

May 19, 2011
Visit site
WP_20140813_20_48_40_Pro.jpg
Taken with Lumia Icon using Nokia Camera Beta. Photo is unedited.
Taken at Gdansk, Poland three days before my flight back to the states. This is what I see when someone mentions "night life."

Anikait Makkar

May 18, 2014
Visit site
This photo reflects a festival in India. Everybody was having fun and guess what I captured.
DSC01012.JPG

This photo was captured using a Lumia 820 and later edited with Nokia creative studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786