Dazzling email client Maestro enters into public preview for Windows Phone 8.1 users

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Maestro_Logo_Photo_lede.jpg

The built-in email client on Windows Phone gets the job for casual users, but for those looking for a brighter, more powerful experience, there have been few options. Maestro is a new email app for Windows Phone 8.1 and Hidden Pineapple makes it, the developers behind the favorite Rowi Twitter client years ago.
Today, after some delay, it is finally entering into a public preview. Users can now download and use the client, which supports Outlook and Gmail out the gate, including multiple accounts.

Dubbed as "A better mail experience for Windows Phone 8.1", Maestro looks to deliver aesthetically pleasing emails, but also more advanced inbox controls for the email addicts out there. Today's release is a 'preview' meaning the app itself is still far from complete, but the core of it is working enough to warrant letting you folks jump in an take it for a ride.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I signed up immediately upon notice but for 2 days was unable to get either my outlook.com or Gmail account to load. So I provided the developer what little feedback I had and they promised that they were working hammer and tongs at it. And so they have! Both accounts now loaded. Still can't send from the outlook account but everything looks good and everything working on the Gmail side.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Why is Maestro so overrated at wpcentral? We have Metromail which does everything Maestro is supposed to do...

Metro is also an interesting and promising app, currently without pop3 or Exchange support, IIRC. Metromail certainly has a different look and feel than Maestro, but it might also be said that the native email client does mostly everything that either Maestro or Metromail can do. Doesn't make one or the other overrated. There is no accounting for taste.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett