Roku Screen Mirroring beta launched for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
roku_streaming.jpg

Roku has started a beta of a new feature for its Roku 3 TV set top box and its Roku HDMI Streaming Stick that will allow them to mirror screens from Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 devices to big screen televisions.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

DropPass

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Tested it out last night on my Lumia 920... didn't work. Found out later that the 920 is not supported.

So... tried with my Dell Venue 8 Pro. Screen connected and "a" desktop was displayed. I say "a" desktop was displayed because it was not the same as the desktop on my tablet. It had an entirely different background... strange. It was also unresponsive... if I opened something on my tablet, it would not display on the TV (mirrored image). The mirrored image just sat at the desktop and did nothing.

Also it put my tablet display into portrait mode and would not rotate back to landscape until I disconnected.

I am going to try and do some more testing tonight!

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Works great on my XPS 15, buy on my DV8P it sees the Roku and attempts to connect but the Roku eventually drops back to the home screen.

If anyone gets it working with the DV8P please post, I think the problem is that the DV8P is not HDCP compliant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss