Cortana may soon be ready to impart her knowledge onto iPhone, Android users

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
enable_cortana_outside_us.jpg

Cortana may soon be ready to lend her sagely knowledge and wisdom to users of non-Windows Phone platform. Microsoft could soon be ready to unleash Cortana, a digital voice assistant that debuted on Windows Phone, on to competing operating systems to take on the likes of Siri for iOS and Google Now on Android. Though specifics were not disclosed, Microsoft hinted at its plans to free Cortana soon.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Once again we have something good and Microsoft as always lets other platforms have it..... And yet we hardly get any apps from other platforms... Well done Microsoft...you certainly know how to kill yourself off *slaps head*

yaron zeevik

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
why stay on windows phone? I love it but again we have nothing special anymore that different us from the competitors. Like office and now this thing..

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Cortana was a real game changer that made Lumia unique... Now they gave it away... We hardly get any good apps and the apps we do get we give away. Totally useless idea from Microsoft

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what there playing at... They usually dominate companies by doing killer apps.... They finally have one and its already given away before most of us actually has it on our platform.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Crap move from MS or may be a suicidal move for WP. Its losing its uniqueness. Thanks to Mr. Nadella!! Mr. Gates, are you listening to us😐

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
It would be a stupid move, but at the moment it is just a thought so I will reserve my ranting for when it becomes official.

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The only logic behind this is to prove that MS has made a personal assistant that can rival Siri and Google Now in its beta stage, but.. What's the point if users won't have to migrate to Windows Phone to have access to Cortana?

I don't understand this. It seems like a VERY bad move from Microsoft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos