Weekly photo contest: Sunset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Sunset Contest.jpg

This week we're going to go out and capture sunset with our Windows Phones for the weekly photo contest. Our very first photo contest started way back in July! The theme then was sunrise and a lot of you wanted to see a sunset theme at some point in the future. As 2014 winds to a close I figured we better sneak in a sunrise contest. So let's do that this week.

Sunset

Sunset is that time of day when the sun disappears below the horizon. It's the end of the day and the start of the night. The sun is slowly setting on 2014 so we're going to look for your best sunset photos. If your photo has the green flash you might automatically just be that winner. Joking, but that's a very cool optical phenomena if you happen to catch it.
The sunset above was captured by yours truly on my Lumia 1520. It's from a recent trip up the California coast. Lightly edited in Photoshop Express for Windows Phone.

Rules

Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:

• Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
  • Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
  • Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Central, so I know how to contact the winner
  • Only ONE entry per week per person
How to use Tapatalk to post images in the Windows Central forums

Social

We're going to continue our social experiment from last week. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!

Here's how it looks this week.

• #WCpc
  • #SunsetWC

This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!

Prize

One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.
We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (December 16) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the contest next week.

Good luck and have fun!

Stanleyb41

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
This is a view of my Royal Air Force colleagues in Dubai a few weeks ago, whilst on a bit of downtime after taking the last British troops out of Kandahar, Afghanistan. It just so happened there was an air display happening. Taken with my Lumia 925 and it hasn't been edited. Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• WP_20141129_12_42_52_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141129_12_42_52_Pro.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 102

itsmewasim

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Sunset

Model : Nokia Lumia 720.
When i was bored and had nothing to do. I saw the sky and my phone.. I felt i should capture this.. :) edited with camera360
80af8d59dd5729762cd1e370153c29f6.jpg

David Strome

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
sunset3.jpg

This was taken with a Lumia 1020 a couple weeks ago. I was waiting in line at the Peace Arch border crossing. Took it while sitting in line, with one hand, leaning across the seat and out the passenger-side window. :) Just a really pretty end to the day. No editing. Straight from the phone.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
15051506485_756e3a7066_o.jpg

The title is : "Sunset and Moonrise on Viekij?rvi"

This was shot at Viekij?rvi, in Finland, this summer. 3 pictures captured with the Nokia Lumia 1020, stitched with autopano giga (it was a nightmare to mix the different exposures). Finally processed in Darktable.

EDIT: For those who want to see the original (the forum limitations don't do justice to my picture ^_^), it's here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/n8_massis/15051506485/

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
WP_20140716_20_15_09_Pro (2).jpg
Shot on the annual Manhattanhenge (the date where the sun sets on the NYC Manhattan street grid). Taken with a Lumia Icon, using Lumia Camera app, edited in Lumia Creative Studio.

dwarfsize

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Camera360_2013_5_15_051238 1.jpg
This Photo was taken on my first date with my girlfriend, in May a year and a half ago. We had decided to go for a walk along the train tracks and heard a train coming, so I decided It would be cool to put some coins on the tracks. This is still one of my favourite photos, it reminds me so much of our first date. I used a Lumia 920, and edited it with Lumia Creative Studio.

Scott McBurney

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Here is a sunset I captured in my back yard with my Lumia 920 a while back. No editing or post processing whatsoever. I looked out my patio door one evening, saw this view, and had to snap a few photos.

WP_20130907_003.jpg

franas596

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
This photo was taken when my family and I were looking for a place to watch the sunset so we decided to stop in this beautiful beach in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Just when we arrived the sunset was starting so I took my Nokia Lumia 920 out of my pants and started shooting. Taken with Lumia Camera and edited with Photoshop Express.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140920_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140920_0001.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)