Goodbye, Windows RT as Microsoft halts production of the Surface 2

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Surface_2_KB_new.jpg

The Surface Pro 3 is arguably doing well. In fact, Microsoft posted $1.1 billion in revenue from their Surface line, which is a 24% increase over the previous quarter. Although that number by comparison is not staggering, it does demonstrate that the Surface, as a product line, has some interest.
Windows RT and the Surface 2, though, are not fairing so well. Microsoft today confirmed with Business Insider that the laptop-esque device is no longer being manufactured, although you can still pick one up from Microsoft Stores and retailers while supplies last.

Murmurings of such a cancellation started back in October when ZDNet's Mary Jo Foley reported that Microsoft was finished with ARM-based Surface tablets.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Mark Baker3

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
As a Nokia 2520 owner who likes it alot given the office package it came with I have to say I am disappointed. The fact that it will no longer have any chance of getting any of the apps that are part of the 'one' operating system strategy seems weak to me. People bought into the whole flexibility using pc, tablet and phone being seamless so I feel let down. The fact that I use an iPad supplied by work that is actually less useful than rt for work grates. They have given up on a viable system. What will they give up on next, older windows phones? Oh yes... They did that with 7.8 already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon