Bank of America to end support for its Windows Phone app in early March

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
bank-of-america-lumia635-splash-hero_1024.jpg

Yet another major US bank is ending its support for the Windows Phone platform. This time it's Bank of America, which has posted a note on its app's store page that it will stop supporting Microsoft's mobile OS sometime in early March.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

jantveg85

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
This is ridiculous. The Bank of America app is one of my most used apps, I use it everyday! I've been with Windows Phone since 7 and I've seen many ups and downs with this platform. I've left and kept coming back and I've finally come to the conclusion that I will never leave WP again. I just can't go back to Android or iOS, so to hear this news is certainly depressing. Oh well...hopefully Windows 10 can convince the minds of many and app devs will come crawling back.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
here's hoping for a universal app. seems like Windows version is being kept along with Chase. Both never mentioned about discontinuing them.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
here's hoping for a universal app. seems like Windows version is being kept along with Chase. Both never mentioned about discontinuing them.

I've heard back from head of Chase Bank digital products via the business CEO and heard that its small share that is why they are dropping the platform.

They know the real numbers but until Microsoft improves things in the US they are happy to point to the mobile website.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I've heard back from head of Chase Bank digital products via the business CEO and heard that its small share that is why they are dropping the platform.

They know the real numbers but until Microsoft improves things in the US they are happy to point to the mobile website.
but it just sounds retarded to not support wp if theyre keeping windows version.
​i remain optimistic. besides website still works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos