Maestro email client launches in full for Windows Phone, free for 24 hours!

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Maestro-new-lead.jpg

Back in September 2014, we announced Maestro, a brand new email client coming for Windows Phone 8.1. The email client promised to be a full-featured app for Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo! Mail. The app entered in a public preview for a few months before going back under wraps for the winter.
Today, Maestro 1.0 is here, and boy has it improved. From new features to performance improvements, Maestro has a clean slate going forward. The developers behind Maestro, Hidden Pineapple, are promising many new features for future builds, including conversations, better avatar support, more gestures, bug fixes, and improvements.

Even better? Maestro runs for $1.99 but if you download it today, it is yours for free forever. This offer is only good for the next 24-hours, so grab it now!

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

skugg

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Synchs forever and still pops up in the notification center with the same - deleted - mail. Been 4 days now and still counting...

Kovaelin

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like there are still a few kinks to work out. Is there anything people immediately like better about this app over the stock email app?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Glad I downloaded it. They may get the kinks worked out after a while.

In the meantime, I'll keep it installed on my phone, and if I see it's been updated a time or two, then I'll start testing it. At least it was free, so no harm no foul.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded it and uninstalled after a few hours. Like others have mentioned, it continues to sync messages that were previously deleted but I noticed an unforgivable bug. Since I didn't want to see repeated notifications of deleted messages and all I wanted was to be able to send emails with multiple attachments, I put the sync schedule at "never". Well, it seems it also throws my Outlook into a "never" sync status as well and my push became pull. I thought it was weird I hadn't received anything in a while so I refreshed my Outlook and a few emails came in. I sent myself a couple of test emails from my work phone and they didn't get pushed so I pulled the plug on Maestro. I thought the name was heresy anyway since the only true Maestro was Barry White, RIP.

It's a workaround like so many WP situations but I'll just keep the PC Site version of Outlook as a favorite in IE and I can attach to my merry heart's content as if I was on my desktop. Oh well, Windows 10 is not that far away.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Grabbed it just for the fact it's free :)

I'm actually fine with the plain old crappy e-mail app included with the OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium