Facebook Connect features shut down for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone apps

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
onedrive-dropbox-920-925-hero.jpg

If you enjoy using some Facebook features in apps like OneDrive, People and others in Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone, it looks like they won't be available anymore. A new support page shows that, because of a chance in the Graph API, Facebook Connect features are no longer available for those apps, along with other services from Microsoft.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

NeerajMakeBelieve

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
no ,, all microsoft services you use using fb are unavailable like birthdays in fb showing in calendar

Can we start protest against facebook and google against unfair policies and tacktics???should we?

Last edited by a moderator:

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
For me this is one of the best reasons for Windows phone. Everything in one place. Automatically updated. There is no wonder why this is occurring as it filtered content out of the Facebook advertising storm and allowed posts while never actually using Facebook. A compromise position would allow updates to contacts and continued downloads but require the use of Facebook to make a post.
Facebook is on my A list of stocks as they are making some great moves but this isn't one of them. I expect that the release of 10 will significantly increase the number of phones with Windows. That may be what they are after, a larger user base.

Last edited:

AdiUndead

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Why can i already post on Facebook with the eople Web App?
Contacts synchronize in the Web App too, but not in the Win8.1 App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett