Here is how to install Media Center on Windows 10

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
media-center-lead.PNG

Windows Media Center hack now available to run on Windows 10
Microsoft's Windows 10 is a big hit with many users but not all PC users are happy with the upgrade. The depreciation of Windows Media Center began way back in 2009 but fans of the media add-on have been clinging on to it ever since. Indeed, if you were lucky enough to have Media Center on your PC the app would uninstall with the Windows 10 upgrade. Instead, users were given a free DVD player as a consolation prize, which hardly makes up for the loss of functionality.

Now, users at the MDL forums have managed to create an all-in-one package to reinstall Windows Media Center on current Windows 10 builds (including 10240 and 10532). The project had been in the works for a few weeks now, but starting a few days ago users could successfully install the center to their PCs. Windows Blog Italia wrote up on how easy it is to accomplish and indeed, we were able to successfully install it on our PC with ease.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see another thread, this is NOT ready for prime time, The guide data in the US does not work on this. I even installed 10134 build with WMC to try it... It's a fail.

WMC-WIn10-10134.JPG

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
OK, went back and tried one of the very first builds, 10074 and the same issue comes up. What I found (and I have been testing this from day one on release), if you get this error during TV setup, you will not have guide access.

Here is my proof...
WMC-WIn10-10074.JPG

We might have to step back and pull from 8.1 or even Windows 7 for the files for this...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb