Hands-on with the Lumia 950 XL

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Lumia-950-xl-hands.jpg

Today, Microsoft has announced several new devices and we're sure many of you are specifically excited about the Lumia 950 XL. Featuring a 5.7-inches display (1440x2560), this new phablet from Microsoft also boasts a 20-megapixel camera with ZEISS F/1.9 lens, iris scanner, wireless charging, and more. Several photos and specifications have leaked before the event, so there weren't many surprises. Nevertheless, we were very excited to play with it for a few minutes here at the New York launch.

Watch our hands-on video!

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if comments go here or in the blog, but I'm surprised at the review. Almost makes it sound like pre-order should turn into hang onto the 930 or 1520 and wait-and-see.

missylob

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if comments go here or in the blog, but I'm surprised at the review. Almost makes it sound like pre-order should turn into hang onto the 930 or 1520 and wait-and-see.

Thats exactly what I was thinking! Was something bout his review that didnt sit right with me, like he was trying to sound more positive bout the phone than he really was. From what I read & took away from Microsoft's blog today, think there's gonna be quite a few more options in the near future for windows phones than just what we were shown today.

missylob

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I kinda get the sense the new phones aren't quite ready & so what got demoed is still a phone that needs some work yet.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon