Windows Central Photo Contest: Breakfast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
photo-contest-breakfast-yum.jpg

Welcome to this week's Windows Central Photo Contest! This week's competition focusses on an essential part of the day for billions of people world wide: breakfast!

The Windows Central community has members from every continent, and we want to see how our users all over the world spend the most important part of the morning. Maybe you enjoy French chocolate croissants, a simple bowl of cereal with coffee or perhaps even a Full English, which is essentially a pile of fried cholesterol on a plate (and my personal favourite).

Show us pictures of your favourite breakfast treats for a chance to win a Nakamichi Bluetooth Speaker with NFC!

Here are the rules for this week's contest:

- You must use a Windows Phone to take your picture.
- You must upload your picture to the contest thread here
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any photo editing software or apps you might have used. Altering your pictures is fine, be creative!
- We encourage you to add a paragraph or so of back story, we want to know how your picture came to be, or what the picture represents for you. If you have an Instagram feed or any other photography portfolio profile, feel free to link those for the community as well!
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Central so that we can contact the winner.
- We'll only accept ONE entry per person.

Prize

nakamichi-bluetooth-speaker.jpg

One lucky winner will earn a Nakamichi Bluetooth Speaker with NFC, compatible with the newly announced Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL and indeed any Bluetooth enabled phone or tablet.

The winner was FizzySignal! Congrats - Thanks to everyone else who entered, and stay tuned for future contests!

Last edited:

Zom-B

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
WP_20150906_11_27_39_Pro (2).jpg

Can't beat the classic English breakfast. Local caf? around the corner from my house.

Taken with a Nokia Lumia 735 (rear camera) and added blur with Lumia Creative Studio.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Definitely need a healthy coffee first thing in the morning. Something sweet with it even better. That's my type of breakfast. The picture was taken an hour away from Atlanta, GA.

Lumia 830

WP_20140813_001.jpg

nicholasanford

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been experimenting with quiches lately. This is a homemade Spinach, Feta, and Tomato quiche! Feel free to check out my other stuff on Instagram: @nicholasanford

Taken with Lumia Icon. Includes some cropping and auto-adjust with Adobe Photoshop Express.

Hope you guys like it!

AdobePhotoshopExpress_136b55a7ea48463882c8d65fdaebf81d.jpg

happyflighting

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I travel a lot for work, and as a result I have earned "Gold Passport Diamond" status with Hyatt. This status means among many benefits I always get free breakfast at Hyatt hotels for myself and anyone staying in the room with me.

My favorite breakfast is eggs benedict - traditionally poached egg and Canadian bacon on an English muffin covered with hollandaise sauce. Hyatt puts this on the menu at all of their full-service hotels as far as I can tell. The cool thing about eggs benedict at Hyatt is that they also offer a regional twist on eggs benedict as an alternative. This picture is one of my favorites from Hyatt Vineyard Creek in Santa Rosa, CA. This version of eggs benedict substitutes jumbo lump crab meat instead of Canadian bacon, and a Dungeness Crabcake instead of the English muffin. It also includes spinach and is topped with capers and fresh dill.

I took this with my Lumia 1020
Capture.JPG

lunta

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
mökki.jpg

A very simple breakfast being cooked in our holiday cottage in the autumn of 2012.

Camera: Nokia Lumia 710 (WP 7.5)

Photo slighly cropped in IrfanView

DanishSaeed15

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
My kind of breakfast. Fried egg and cheese sandwich with coffee and newspaper on a weekend morning. For no reason, I was feeling very happy that morning. Made myself this.
Captured by stock Camera app on Nokia Lumia 720. Cropped and edited by Camera360 Sight.
Sight_2015_10_04_102253_324(1).jpg

Yves Deziron

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Picture is taken with a Nokia Lumia 800, no editing was done. The day it was taken I left home around 5:30 am, we had teambuilding and I had to drive for 2 and a half hours. Took something to eat with me, breakfast with a view...

WP_001134.jpg

arwars

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
22394182071_6f277d2872_b.jpg

Taken with a Nokia Lumina 1520, exposure correction and sharpening in Fhotoroom.
Country Breakfast, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, eggs and bacon.

Yes, She ate it all :) :p

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
WP_20150731_003.jpg

I was eating my cereal while replying to my girlfriend's WhatsApp messages (talk about multitasking. #ICanBeProductiveLikeABoss), until she asked me what I was having for breakfast, and I snapped this picture with my Lumia 830. It was a few days before she took off to the US to further her studies (we're from Malaysia). Coincidentally I finished my supply of the cereal the same day that she left. As I went to the local store to buy another box of the cereal, it was nowhere to be found at the usual shelf. The store owner said that they have stopped importing that particular type of cereal (it was French Vanilla Granola from Sweet Home Farm) due to its unpopularity among their customers.

So on that day I realised I had been parted from two of my life's greatest treasures: the girl that I love, and my favourite cereal; both things that made the morning seem better even when it's not.

Also, I did not edit the picture. It is as how I took it with my 830.

P/S: It's not that I really 'lost' my girl. It's just that.. it's different when you're thousands of miles and hours apart from the people you love (in my case, it's 7621.739 miles and 15 hours of time-difference between me and her).

Edit: I'm really not sure why the picture turned out like that when I post it in the forum. It's supposed to be vertical. :confused:

Artem Veselovsky

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
stewed potatoes with peppers and baked chicken legs
WP_20150830_005.jpgWP_20150830_006.jpg

all cooked and captured by me :)
Device: Samsung ATIV SE

A story: I started cooking while I was on a vacation this summer. That seemed a reasonable activity to rest from software development. Never did this kind of stuff before and always thought that it's not my cup of tea anyway. So when something comes up with a result I did not expect to be that good get I take a picture of it. Already have a pretty decent collection of my kitchen achievements :)

Last edited:

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Taken with Lumia 920, cropped. That's it!
Every morning I get my daughter's breakfast ready before I leave for work. I try to make it entertaining. That day was donuts!

WP_20150423_06_03_00_Pro.jpg

ewancn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Fantastic to see what people are posting for this contest (as usual). I'm not going to claim that I eat this healthily every day :), but it can be fantastic to start the day with a breakfast of fresh fruit. I took this photo on holiday with my Lumia 1020 - the photo hasn't been edited. It tasted as good as it looks.

WP_20151005_06_39_34_Pro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise