Help, my wife wants to switch from Windows phone to Android!

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
DSCN0149.JPG

I'm a tech geek. I'm also a Windows phone enthusiast. That is not to say things about Android and iOS don't appeal to me. I like tech.
The only barrier between me and buying devices on other platforms is money. So I stick with my favorite one: Windows Mobile. As a fan of the platform I have been quite vocal over the years singing its praises (and lamenting some losses).
As a result, I have been successful with encouraging about fifteen people within my circle of friends and family to give Windows Phone a whirl. My wife is one of those people. As a successor to her Samsung Focus, in 2012, I bought her a Lumia 920. She wanted that phone just about as badly as most Windows Phone fans did at the time. That device was replaced with a Lumia 640 XL when the 920's screen was shattered as a result of an unfortunate drop.
DSCN0184.JPG

Of the fifteen people I won to the platform, accidents with devices, changes in service plans and simple preference have led about eight of those people to Android and at least one to the iPhone. My wife, who prefers Windows phone, loves the Live Tiles, enjoys Microsoft services and is both a Windows phone and Microsoft fan, may be the next to defect. She wants an Android phone!

When I asked, she shared several reasons with me regarding her decision. Some of these reasons echo what many of you have experienced. As a Windows phone enthusiast, a writer for one of the most popular Microsoft focused sites and one of the most publically optimistic analysts of Microsoft's strategies I now share with you why my wife is getting fed up with Windows Phone and Microsoft.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre