Would you really leave Windows 10 for Pok?mon Go?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
pokemon-shop.jpg

I've seen people saying it, but would you really drop your phone just for one game?
"It makes the platform appear dead," and "Goodbye, Windows" are just two reactions I've seen this past few days since Niantic unleashed its new phenomenon, Pok?mon Go upon the world. Yes, it's terrible that Windows Phone users don't get to join in with the cool kids, but is the game really so great that you'd immediately run to the nearest iPhone or Galaxy?

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I know a few people already that have left WP because of Pokemon Go, which is bad because I only knew a few people that had WPs to begin with. Now its just me and my kids, and they all want new phones because of this game...

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Let's see... on one hand I can remain productive and using a platform I love, on the other hand I can look like a moron running around outside looking at my phone, maybe get hit by a car or lured into a remote location and mugged, and the app will have access to all my google account information. Tough choice.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Or you could just go outside and not look constantly at your phone. There's life outside of that little plastic slab.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Let's see... on one hand I can remain productive and using a platform I love, on the other hand I can look like a moron running around outside looking at my phone, maybe get hit by a car or lured into a remote location and mugged, and the app will have access to all my google account information. Tough choice.

While I personally agree with you, they have said that the google account thing was incorrect. It was speculation by some blogger that was turned into news when one of the news outlets ran with it as a story. It doesn't actually do that.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I was in Walmart today. Several people roaming around, carts empty, face glued to their phones, in search of cute little monsters. What a way to waste time.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Walking home tonight, four people in the street, mostly staring at their phones, but still dodging the cars, every few minutes, they moved back and forth, across the street, dragging their dog. Yelling at each other about pokeman, "Its over here" while staring at their "dumb" phones. What has happened to "progress" in the human condition? Who cares? Let's just have careless nonsense fun. "The Madness of Crowds!"

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans