The HP Elite x3 is the best Windows phone yet (with some caveats)

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
hp-elite-x3-hero-window.jpg

My impressions of the HP Elite x3 after a week of non-stop use. Here is the good and the bad, so far.
Note: This is not a formal review of the HP Elite x3. The phone, while great, is running incomplete software and it wouldn't be a fair evaluation.
For the last week, I have been using the new HP Elite x3 Windows phone as my primary device. Not only does this include just daily things, but also on my recent trip to Vancouver to visit the Gears of War studio. Using the phone on such a long journey (nearly 9 hours travel time) is a good way to see how it works when you have to rely on it so much.
Both Zac Bowden and I are holding off on a full review until HP releases its firmware and Anniversary Updates. Besides, without the Lap Dock and accessories being available yet or our inability to try HP Workspace with software virtualization the Elite x3 is still incomplete.

Nonetheless, you can technically find and buy one of these phones. Even though it is meant for enterprise some consumers just want it, so consider this a review preview. Interestingly, the phone even at this stage is already a fantastic experience with only stability issues around the camera being the one drawback. Let's find out more.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes