Does Microsoft still care about Windows phone loyalists?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
nadella%20crowd%202.jpg

In a smartphone market that's rife with competition and entrenched rivals, Microsoft successfully built a passionate fan base for its mobile platform.
Though Redmond's mobile efforts never met with the widespread consumer success the company would have hoped, what Redmond did achieve is respectable market share in some regions, and that was an admirable accomplishment.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Nice article. Well written and bring up some good points. I don't think they're developing for the loyalists anymore but they obviously still have a bit of a plan.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
For a lot of people its about emotions.
"I've been using Windows phones for X amount of years, therefore I want them to do Y". If not, they don't care.
While I understand to a point, they have decided (rightly I believe) to give up the app/mobile phone market and focus on mobile devices.
This is a great article for anyone who cares to read it with an open mind.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. For a company that doesn't do phone devices they are quite committed to the 835 "phone" oriented chipset and they still throw out several builds a month updating, adding features and addressing feedback/bugs. So for a non-commitment they are pretty active. I tend to think "do I have a device I like and can use?" If yes keep using it. If no, then replace. It will become evident in the time I use the current device whether or not I'll have a future one available. I see plenty of signs of life and plenty of reasons to stop. For now let's keep seeing if what we've got works and encourage (that's hard for people sometimes) vendors MS, HP, Alcatel and more to bring us devices. Best we can do!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3