I won't support the Cerulean Moment, and neither should you — but Microsoft ought to

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
moly-w5-hero.jpg

Fan-funded phones never do anyone any good, but if Microsoft really cared, this is what would happen with the WhartonBrooks Cerulean Moment.
Having passion in this world is respectable, but it can be tough.
It's even harder when a company has that passion and is trying to do good, but you have to take them down a peg. The WhartonBrooks Cerulean Moment is such an example. The initiative is spearheaded by a company with the right intentions: to give fans a new phone with Windows 10 Mobile. But it's struggling against significant odds.
As of now, the Indiegogo funded Windows phone is stalled at less than $30K of a needed million dollars. With a month left in the campaign, the chances of the Cerulean Moment being successful are very low, making my little advice column here moot. But hear me out.

I think it's important to point out a few reasons why Cerulean Moment is destined to fail. Also, WhartonBrooks is taking the lead on this project, but it shouldn't have had to.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Interesting article, albeit it a depressing one. I agree that MS needs to come out and give a breakdown of what their plan is. The fact that they haven't suggests to me that they, in all likelihood, don't have one. If it includes getting rid of Win10Mobile and just moving to Win10 ON mobile, as you suggested, then this is an interesting idea, and one that I suspect all of us would likely support, but they need to come out and say it, and stop stringing people along.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss