Microsoft announces Windows 10 S: a version of Windows that's tied to the Store

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 S is Microsoft's latest edition of Windows 10, but it's different in one particular way: It's locked to the Windows Store.
Windows 10 S is Microsoft's newest edition of Windows 10, with one specific change over previous, "normal" editions of Windows 10. This new edition of Windows 10 is locked to the Windows Store for all your apps and games, meaning if you want to install apps on Windows 10 S, you can only do so if said apps are available in the Store to begin with.
cloudwallpaper.jpg

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
So Windows 10 S = Windows 10 Stuck to Store? LOL!

According to the demo speech, its supposed to be faster. 15 seconds to login and get to an app versus 40 on pro, is what they said.

They also said it can be given its settings in network administration in 30 seconds over usb or something.

I'm not sure all how this is achieved, and I haven't used it, but this implies there is more going on than merely an app source restriction.

That this OS is simplified and streamlined within the stack.

I think people need to be looking under the hood more, and doing some speed tests, and that focusing on the app source restriction, if these claims are in anyway true, is kind of missing much of the point.

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
According to the demo speech, its supposed to be faster. 15 seconds to login and get to an app versus 40 on pro, is what they said.

They also said it can be given its settings in network administration in 30 seconds over usb or something.

I'm not sure all how this is achieved, and I haven't used it, but this implies there is more going on than merely an app source restriction.

That this OS is simplified and streamlined within the stack.

I think people need to be looking under the hood more, and doing some speed tests, and that focusing on the app source restriction, if these claims are in anyway true, is kind of missing much of the point.

Thanks for this!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05