How to install Linux distros properly on Windows 10

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Are you getting errors installing Linux distros on Windows 10? In this guide, we'll tell you exactly what you need to do to fix this issue.
windows-10-linux-installation.jpg

Starting with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, Microsoft is making some Linux distros, including Ubuntu, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12, and OpenSUSE Leap 42 available in the Windows Store. Additionally, it's no longer a prerequisite to enable Developer mode, which makes the installation of Linux distros a lot easier.
However, a number of users a seeing an error code 0x8007007e as they try to install any of the distros, but it's not a bug in the software. Instead, users are seeing this error because the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), the compatibility layer to run Linux binary executables on Windows 10 is missing.
In this Windows 10 guide, we'll walk you through the steps to successfully install Ubuntu, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12, and openSUSE Leap 42 on your device.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

tina11_rose

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for this information. I have a query. Previously, I had partitioned by HDD with Windows & Linux. However, whenever an update of windows would come through, my linux programmes would get deleted. Even when I upgraded it to windows 8, I faced the same issue. Hence, I used to keep automatic updates off. Now I have windows 10 on this PC & Linux on another laptop; but this is very inconvenient for me. I am planning to install a VMware. My issue is a little weird. If you know the solution to it, please help me out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05