Chime in: Is Consumer Reports' Surface controversy a big deal for Microsoft?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
surface-laptop-vs-surface-pro.jpg

This week, consumer reviews site Consumer Reports issued a scathing report on Microsoft's Surface lineup of PCs, calling into question the entire brand's reliability and removing its "recommended" designation for all Surfaces.
Shortly after the report was released, Microsoft promptly disputed those claims, and its Surface chief issued an official blog post to express his disagreement with the report's findings.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Rahul cholate

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
I feel like its not a big deal for Microsoft. The people out the are definitely conscious before purchasing the device of their need. As technology is keep on changing people are improving their basic knowledge on the new technology. The report might create a small disturbance, but it won't last long.

chenryhen

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't really know anyone who checks CR for tech recommendations anymore…I think as long as Surface continues to score highly on tech sites (Engadget, Cnet, PCmag, etc.) they're going to be fine.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Nope. No big deal. I bought a Surface Pro on Monday from local MS store and I brought up the consumer rpt and salesman shrugged his shoulders and said the last weekend was biggest they had so far for Surface Pro (what started the convo was the fact they sold all their Surface pens out over the weekend).

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss