Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus preview: Eye-melting, Nazi-vaporizing, blood-soaked joy

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
wolfenstein-ii-doge.jpg

I was never particularly impressed with HDR, until I played Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.
badge-best-gamescom17.png

Machine Games' eye-watering follow-up to 2014's Wolfenstein: The New Order launches on October 27, 2017 for Xbox One and Windows PC. The original rebooted the classic series widely credited with kick-starting the entire first-person shooter (FPS) genre.
Wolfenstein revolves around an alternate timeline where the Nazis won World War 2 leveraging superior technology and, sometimes, occult artifacts. The only thing standing in their way is B.J. Blazkowicz, an American soldier with an unprecedented affinity for high-octane Nazi slaughter.
While previous entries in the series have been primarily action-oriented, Wolfenstein: The New Order had a surprisingly deep, and touching story, with strong characters, fairly open level designs, and stealth mechanics. In my play session with Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus at Gamescom 2017, I discovered that Machine Games appear to have dialed all of the previous game's best features up to 11.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos