Chime in: Is it time to ditch your desktop PC?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
phanteks-p400-review-3.jpg

With portable PCs like notebooks and tablets becoming more and more capable, it might be time for certain types of users to ditch their desktop PCs. But we want to hear your thoughts.
The desktop PC is the traditional personal computer, but times have changed and so has the way we interact with apps and the world. With the developments made in the tablet and notebook space, it's becoming more viable to rely on mobile PCs if you're not handling intense workloads.
So, is it time to ditch the desktop in your home?

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Grant Taylor3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Short answer no.

I bought a Dell Core i7 4770 based desktop a few years ago and gave my old laptop to my wife.

It has 16GB of RAM and hosts a bunch of VM's running under Windows Server. It dual boots with Windows 10 Fast Ring.

My day to day desktop is an old HP dc7900 Core 2 Quad. It has 16GB and a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD.

I am running Office 365 and UWP's from the Windows Store.

I will replace the old laptop soon for my wife and when the HP dies I will replace it with a laptop or 2 in 1.

I also have a 4th Gen Core i7 intel Nuc that I run as a Plex server.

The Dell desktop also does all the ripping and encoding for Plex. I use DVDfab and Handbrake for the deciding and encoding.

I prefer the power and expendability of a desktop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium