Your feedback (and bug reports) on Windows Central's new homepage

Al Sacco

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
You may have noticed that Windows Central looks rather different today. That's because we just launched a redesigned, refreshed and rejiggered Windows Central home page. (Click here for details on the changes.) We love it already. But we also know that we (or you) are likely to come across minor issues during the coming days.

This thread is THE place to share any bugs or quirks you come across, as well as general feedback on what you think of the fruits of our design team's labors. Good, bad, ugly — we want to hear it all. But please try to provide constructive criticism. Nobody likes a troll, not even their mothers. Thanks.

achintmehta

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Well, change is good but it will be a while before I getting used to the new flow of the web-site. Previously it was mainly scrolling vertically until I hit the post old which I had read. Now it seems everything is divided into sections and you have to find what to read and what not to. The vertical scrolling flow is changed to vertical-horizontal and find what you need to read.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
The new website is pretty and responsive. I've long turned off Adblock for WindowsCentral. Hopefully you guys get to improve the app as dramatic as the site. Great job with the site though!

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
With Edge (insider build) the Most recent section isn't rendering properly single-column instead of double. Also the Best Windows/2-1/VPN/Laptops/X Box one section seems out of place at the top of the site.

DSR11

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I kinda hate it. Its organized, but its worse now. Now I have to scroll to each section to see whats new, and whats this banner guide section at the top that takes up so much space???

Honestly it would have been better if you guys had a categories banner, and just kept the same layout or tweaked it a little....it flowed so well before....

mayconvert

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I get it that it's organized better. it still just doesn't feel right.
I liked scrolling thru and finding nuggets here and there that maybe weren't in my wheel-house. Meh.

Last edited:

David Lundblad

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I kinda hate it. Its organized, but its worse now. Now I have to scroll to each section to see whats new, and whats this banner guide section at the top that takes up so much space???

Honestly it would have been better if you guys had a categories banner, and just kept the same layout or tweaked it a little....it flowed so well before....

Hopefully you will find respite here https://www.windowscentral.com/blog :)

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
I like the concept except for one thing....why put the 'Most Recent' hub all the way at the bottom? As it is most recent why not keep that hub front and center?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I like the concept except for one thing....why put the 'Most Recent' hub all the way at the bottom? As it is most recent why not keep that hub front and center?

I agree with this.

I didn't like it on iMore but on Windows Central, it works great for me. I have no interest in the gaming stuff but I am interested in apps and phones so this makes it easier for me.

Al Sacco

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site

We have "Most recent" hubs at the top and bottom of the page. It's one of the very first sections.

78Bandit

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
The font for headlines makes my head swim. Some letters, the "a", the "o", the "c" and the "S" in particular, are lower than all the other characters. It looks quite odd.

iSingBass

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Like the iMore site, the image in the left column of the (top) Most Recent section is squeezed in so that it's too long vertically, at least in Internet Explorer it's that way. Also, why not make it two columns and take advantage of that whitespace? It's distracting.

EDIT: The picture in the left column renders correctly in Opera.

EDIT 2: All of the similar elements (large "featured" story links in columns) are stretched out that way.

Last edited:

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I still can't click on the top left hamburger button to get a list of the other sites like android central... it just doesn't display.

iSingBass

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

For me, there's a Most Recent section near the top and at the bottom. Clicking on the Show More link up top takes you to the /blog section mentioned by David Lundblad above, which is pretty much the classic format, so that's not too bad imo.

Last edited:

Weiman

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
What a mess. Can I just have a straight list of news please?

Edit: found it! And changed my bookmark to windowscentral.com/blog :)

iSingBass

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I still can't click on the top left hamburger button to get a list of the other sites like android central... it just doesn't display.

Same experience for me in IE 11. The display shows the menu, but it behaves as though it's not there. It responds as though you're hovering/clicking on the content behind it (the main page).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb