Why a pen-focused cellular Surface Mini tablet would be awesome

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
A%20pen%20focused_0.jpg

Writing is a skill many of us begin learning even before we learn the alphabet.
We write, almost daily, throughout our professional and personal lives. Thus, it makes sense for the familiar pen and paper scenario to be replicated by the technology that is increasingly integrated into our lives.

Millions of people, including business professionals, writers, police officers, students, salespeople, doctors and regular Joes, carry a pen and paper. We often need to scribble some idea, epiphany or other valuable information onto a medium more enduring than our memories. Scrap paper, however, is often lost. And notepads are organized, effective, but finite in their capacity.
Though in our technology-driven world much of what we record with pen and paper is destined for the same "eternal" digital format as our typed data, writing is often more efficient, comfortable and socially acceptable in certain contexts. So writing is both more natural than typing and considered more polite in a social setting.

Microsoft, with its Windows Ink and cellular PC strategy, should launch an inking-focused, always-connected Surface mini tablet. Not a phone or ultramobile PC, just a simple seven-inch, pen-equipped slate running Core OS. This device would serve a multitude of note-taking scenarios and overcome the shortcomings of etching notes on traditional notepads.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Interesting. I threw out my pen on my SP3 because it was useless. I can type twice as fast as i can write, even on the phone.

Sent from mTalk on my HP Elite X3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans