Chime in: What do you think of original Xbox backward compatibility?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
original-xbox-back-compat-fuzion-hero.jpg

How are you liking original Xbox backward compatibility? Let us know in the forums.

Following its initial unveiling at E3 2017, Microsoft recently debuted original Xbox backward compatibility to Xbox One owners. Expanding the scope of its backward compatibility program beyond Xbox 360 titles, 13 original Xbox games are now playable on Xbox One – each also with native visual enhancements to take advantage of modern hardware.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I wish they'd focus their efforts instead on adding more 360 titles to the BC list. At the glacial rate they are trickling out, it'll take 10,000 years for them all to show up. Many of my favorite 360 games were lesser known titles that I've been given up on ever seeing on the One.

I've moved on from original Xbox games many years ago.

My preference would be that they release all 360 titles to BC with the caveat that they may be untested and there's no guarantee that they'll work. At least we could try them. I'm unsure, is there any patching being done to provide BC, or is it simply an emulator running on the console and MS's efforts are all toward certification?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6