New Always Connected PCs are expensive, but here's why it won't matter

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Are those new Always Connected PCs from ASUS and HP too expensive? I'll explain why they cost so much and why it may not matter in the long term.
Earlier this week Microsoft and Qualcomm unveiled the first Always Connected PCs running Windows 10 on ARM via the Snapdragon 835 chipset. The move is a massive shift towards an all mobile future where modern computing is heading. It is also just the beginning as we expect Lenovo and other manufacturers to jump on board in 2018 – maybe even Microsoft too with its Surface line.
One complaint I heard right away was the $599 starting price for the ASUS NovaGo as being too high. That device features a 13.3-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) LCD panel with 100 percent sRGB, 64GB of storage, support for Windows Ink, a fingerprint scanner, a Precision touchpad and more. The price jumps to $799 for 256GB of storage and 8GB of RAM.
Microsoft reveals 'Always Connected PCs' from HP and ASUS with Windows 10 on ARM
HP also announced the Envy x2 but did not disclose its planned price for its release early next year. Because of the premium materials used, thin design, and HP's tendency to use quality parts it is very likely to come in higher than $799 – though it will likely include the keyboard and smartpen.
Are they too much? I say no, but it is almost beside the point. We're only at the beginning of the Always-Connected PC wave, and there will be many more choices in the future.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss