Chime in: Is Microsoft's Windows Ink and Surface Pen strategy a failure?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
surface-book-2-pen-inking.jpg

Is Microsoft's effort to replace paper with the Surface line a failure?

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I use pen almost daily with my SP 2017 and generally like the writing experience. The Windows 10 handwriting recognition is actually really good. I can see ink being very useful at work, but unfortunately my company still deploys cheap Dell Latitudes with non touch displays. I don't see enterprise jumping on the inking bandwagon anytime soon due to cost of capable devices.

Chuzz Bot

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
The problem is Dev's not taking real workflows seriously.
The pen is not just for a quick doodle.
Take the dev's keyboard's and mouse away and MAKE them use the pen and only the pen, they will soon learn what they need to do.
They need to make sure it has at least two programmable buttons on the side ( even add a scroll wheel) , not just that gimmicky back button, who spins the pen?
Windows needs a built in dedicated programmable macro and shortcut bar.
The pen is a great piece of kit , I would not use any computer without one, never have since the 90's, windows should not drop it, in fact the opposite, they should make it MORE powerful as a tool.
Also the surface book needs a kickstand to stop the screen wobbling, as users need the keyboard for modifiers ( because of the lack of a macro bar). The new batch of 15 inch 2 in 1 devices is a step in the right direction.
Just stick to your guns windows and don't wimp out.:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2