Chime in: What's the best way to use Microsoft services on Android?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
oneplus-5t-microsoft-launcher.jpg

What's the best way to make the move to Android, without leaving behind Microsoft services? We want to hear from you.

Microsoft's Windows Phone efforts have seemingly come to an end, leaving former users to make the shift to rival platforms. Among the most popular for converts is Google's Android, which offers unrivaled versatility when compared to the rival iPhone.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

jrealtor1

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
To be honest there is no best way to move to Android without leaving MS services behind. My suggestion is to utilize Google services in combination with Amazon service to get the best overall experience. I am trying a modular approach and have found that I have not used Microsoft Services since my switch and feel that since no one can provide a one stop solution then pick the ones that serve you best and go with that.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
When I first slid over to Android I was all about taking MS with me.
After six months or so I slowly started giving up on Microsoft services on Android.
It wasn't that apps from MS weren't capable it was that I was more into the simplicity that was baked into Android.

I still keep One Note around since I use that occasionally.
Cortana, Outlook, One Drive, Office apps and any MS browsers I seldom used anyway so those went by the wayside.
So in short it's not Microsoft it's just my mobile preference and nothing else.

Paul Mooney

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I had to make the choice between iOS/Android after too many apps and services I rely on for both work and personal use were either dropping WM10 support, had dropped or had no support. Shame because last three phones have been WM. I needed access to Microsoft services due to work. Anyhow, looking at options from both iOS and Android ended up buying Samsung Note8. It was so easy to setup my existing MS services. I use Outlook, OneDrive, etc.. Even have various email accounts setup under Outlook where I can manage them easily. I'm sure it would have been easy under iOS too, but for the same pricepoint of a plan for the Note8, I would have only got an iPhone 8 256GB (in Australia). Now having a device that is actually supported by developers means I have a full featured banking app - sadly missing previously. I never really used Cortana much, however I've since found the Google Assistant MUCH faster and also ALWAYS understands my Aussie accent too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb