Launcher 10 brings a dash of Windows Phone to Android

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
launcher-10-heros.jpg

If you just can't let go of Windows Phone, Launcher 10 for Android might be a good option.
Yes, we know, Windows Phone is dead.
The dream of a Windows-powered smartphone is effectively over, leaving many of us to make the difficult decision to jump to either iOS or Android. I'm of the opinion that Android is by far the better option in this case, owing to the customizability of the OS for things like replacing the default smart assistant with Cortana, the default browser with Edge, and so on. But if you yearn for a more "Windows 10-like" experience, there are options out there.
You can customize Android with home launchers, allowing you to tailor the functionality of the home screen to your desire. Some of them add special features and other improvements over Android's default home screen, bringing customizable app drawers, widgets, and other functionality. Redmond produces a very robust launcher, dubbed the Microsoft Launcher. However, I'm not a fan. It's just not as sexy as Windows 10 Mobile was. It's all business and no style, which is fine if that's what you're looking for, but I simply wanted something more.
Say hello to Launcher 10, one of the Android home screen options I've been using regularly. It's the closest thing you can get to a real Windows Phone experience on Android today.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying Launcher 10 with my S8+, and am quite happy with it. At first set up, it's quite buggy and unstable. Tiles that you move around sometimes 'disappear', and you have to repin them. Many tiles were not 'live'; they didn't display anything. But...i've noticed over this past week, more and more tiles are coming to life, and i'm happy with this! I'm going to stick with this for a while, even though it's a bit unstable. It looks so much better than the standard Android icon look...
I dont' know why Microsoft wouldn't jump on board with this? I've tried their launcher, and it just looks like any other Android launcher. Nova launcher seems to have more versatility....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire