Chime in: Does Microsoft Edge's limited feature set keep you from using it?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
microsoft-edge-windows-10-1803-features.jpg

Is Edge just lacking in basic areas, sending you to another browser?
Microsoft's built-in browser, Edge, is a constant topic of discussion. The switch from the old stalwart, Internet Explorer, was always going to have its bumps in the road, but we're now pretty far down the road. And for some, the years of development time since Windows 10 launched still haven't been enough.
That's what we're looking at right now in the Windows Central Forums.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

MosaicMarch

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
Edge? Is it something in Win10? The OS that reinvented the wheel with its UWP nonsense? Well, Win10, UWP as platform, and apps like Edge all seems to me lacking features, using much to many resources thus being slow and unusable. All "modern" apps lack feel and look of native apps and along with lacking features this is why I don't use any UWP app, nor Win10. As Office become more and more "modern" I found myself using it less and less... It is just so different to use, and different in very negative way for me. Awkward. Like Java desktop apps felt some 10 years ago on Win XP. :)

MrScotian

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I use Edge exclusively on my desktop and mobile and I find it to be lightning fast and simple to use. No complaints from me about it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the limitations of Edge keep me from using it. I use both Chrome and Firefox on my Windows 10 PC and on my Android phone/tablet. I'd be willing to try Edge if it had more robust features and weren't so buggy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss