How to fix Surface Book 2 base docking problems

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
surface-book-2-how-to-hero.jpg

The Surface Book 2 continues the revolution for versatile computing form factors, but it isn't without its problems.
The Surface Book 2 is the best device I have ever owned. It's sleek, sexy, relentlessly powerful, and has impressive battery life. However, I have had my fair share of issues with some of its more unique features.
The Book 2, like its predecessor, has a detachable display, which comes with a few benefits. You can use the display separately as a tablet if you want to, but the most useful function here is the ability to reverse the screen, so you can rest it flat for inking, or set the laptop upright in tent mode.
When detached, the dedicated NVIDIA d-GPU becomes separated. The CPU and integrated GPU power the laptop from within the screen. It's this unique design that helps Microsoft get the different segments of the device so flat and so thin, but occasionally the Surface Book 2 will sometimes refuse to detect the d-GPU in the base, even when docked. Thankfully, it seems to be pretty easy to fix.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro