How to upgrade the RAM in your Dell XPS 15 (9570)

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
dell-xps-15-9570-capture-01.jpg

If you bought a Dell XPS 15 (9570) with only 8GB of RAM, you may want to add more. Here's how to double, or even quadruple, the amount of RAM in your XPS 15.
Dell XPS owners upgrade their RAM to as much as 32GB of premium DDR4 2666 MHz memory, but doing so isn't exactly simple, due to specific RAM brands required and difficult-to-manage screws.
That why we put together this XPS 15 (9570) RAM guide.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

bna86999

May 11, 2021
Visit site
Comment to article how-add-more-ram-dell-xps-15-9570 but I do not have enough reputation

I am sorry I does not have enough reputation to add comment to older articles. Here is my comment to article wich helps me and I believe that my experience could be helpful for others: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-add-more-ram-dell-xps-15-9570

Thank you Daniel for this article.

I have Dell XPS 15 (9570) with CPU i7-8750H. Original RAM is 16GB.
I had a call with Dell support and they told me that maximum for my model is 32 GB. But I needed more (VMs and Docker, etc). They also told me that new memory must be 2666MHz but nothing about latency limitations.

Your article confirm to me that there are no additional limitation of memory by Dell (but it is common in laptops from others producers). My CPU support 64 GB. My theory was that in time when dell release this lapton there were no so big memory modules thus they could not test it and it probably does not make sense now to go back and verify it on "for old models". Thank you for that point to lantency.

Previously I tried "HyperX SO-DIMM 64GB KIT DDR4 2666MHz CL16 Impact" which is dual kit (2x 32 GB) but laptop did not start (just flashing orange). The most probably it is because of the lattency which is mentioned in the article.

Now I bought 2 modules of "Crucial 32GB DDR4 2666 CL19 SO-DIMM". It is not dual kit. Just bought 2 the same memory modules. They WORKS WELL. No issues. Proof by The Memory Diagnostics Tool.

Thank you Daniel once more.

Michal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss