Why Samsung Galaxy phones are a great fit for former Windows Phone fans

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
galaxy-note-9-vs-galaxy-s9-plus-1-rbj3.jpg

Having tried a range of Android hardware since the death of Windows Phone, the Samsung Galaxy line is where I feel closest to home.
The Samsung Galaxy range includes some of the best and most popular Android hardware, and it has for a long time. However, competition is heating up. From OnePlus's "affordable" flagship phones to advancing tech from Huawei and Google's Pixel line, Samsung's Galaxy phones are far from your only option nowadays. However, as a Windows Phone refugee, Samsung's Galaxy phones fall quite easily closest to home.
I was in love with my BlackBerry KEY2 for quite a while, with its supreme battery life and QWERTY keyboard, but the camera on that thing barely competes with even some of the cheapest Windows Phone 8 devices from back in the day. I tried out a Huawei P20 Pro for its Lumia 1020-like 40 megapixel camera but found the software experience to be as ugly as it was rigid. I also really enjoyed my OnePlus 5T, but it's just so... boring, doing nothing exceptional. Phones should be fun.
I'd always resisted getting a new Samsung Galaxy. Some of my experiences with the older phones weren't exactly great, owing to a bloated OS and prices that didn't feel worth paying, at least when Lumia was still a thing. With the landscape now (sadly) Lumia-free, and Samsung sporting the only credible phone with inking, my sorrow that the inking-oriented Surface Andromeda may never come out kind of pushed me into getting a Galaxy Note 9. My early impressions were positive, but my long term impressions have been stellar. Here's why I think Samsung Galaxy will be my home for the foreseeable future.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...