How to use a VPN on Xbox One

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
xbox-one-s-green.jpg

Virtual private networks (VPNs) are fast becoming an essential companion for avid internet users, primed for navigating the online world. They can increase security, bypass regional content restrictions, and in some cases even improve network performance. However, without native VPN support on Xbox One, overcoming these challenges can be daunting. Here's how to start using a VPN on Xbox One with fast and simple steps.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
https://www.windowscentral.com/site...ge/2019/03/xbox-one-s-green.jpg?itok=5Xft1YxM
Virtual private networks (VPNs) are fast becoming an essential companion for avid internet users, primed for navigating the online world. They can increase security, bypass regional content restrictions, and in some cases even improve network performance. However, without native VPN support on Xbox One, overcoming these challenges can be daunting. Here's how to start using a VPN on Xbox One with fast and simple steps.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Do we have a list of all ports needed to open for getting the Xbox over VPN ? I already have a VPN setup in my home using Windows server 2016.

I would like to connect via VPN with my laptop over a good connection, open the Xbox app, STREAM my Xbox one to my laptop, pull out a Xbox one controler and play games over VPN. This would be a real test for LAG...

I just need to make sure I leave the disc in the drive, or one of the Xbox live free games to play.

Is this what your getting at ? Those ports are what is needed for the Xbox...and a kind of WOL for the Xbox, to wake it up if it's sleeping would be needed too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium